Saturday, May 07, 2005

OMG, The Giants Are A Mess!

Watching the Giants play has become difficult. Can you believe the pitching staff is that awful? A bad sign ... the staff "ace", Jason Schmidt, is getting rocked. Those reports that he has lost velocity on his pitches may be true. Let's take a look at Kirk Rueter: an aging left-hander, without a decent fastball, trying to get by being "crafty". Hmm... Seattle pitcher Jamie Moyer is over 40 and having a nice season. My suggestion to Kurt is to study how Moyer pitches. Each time Rueter goes to the mound, I wonder how long he can survive using the "chuck & duck" approach. The relievers seem to be pitching scared. Maybe, just maybe, it's time for a new pitching coach. And our manager, Felipe Alou. When the Washington Nationals played at SBC Park, I was struck by the irony that their manager, Frank Robinson, was once manager of the Giants. He is turning a roster of "nobodies" into a fun, exciting team who may finish the season with a better record than San Francisco. At the least, it appears to me that he has a better idea how to handle a pitching staff. Hey, catcher Mike Matheny! I thought you were adept at handling a pitching staff?? Please ... plase don't make me say "I wish we still had A. J. Pierzynski." Barry Bonds ....what a mess. At least I'm thankful I didn't draft him on my fantasy league team.

No comments: