Friday, July 21, 2006

I Haven't A Clue

Do you lead an easy life?

What if we could classify everyone in one of three possible groups?

The first group: Those of us who have figured out how best to make life complete and are moving towards that goal.
The second group: Where most of us function, living as best we can. Having good days, bad days and the usual ups and downs.
The third group: Those who make life much more difficult than it was meant to be.

I find myself in the last group. The more I try to understand life, the more confused I become. Apparently, I am clueless regarding interpersonal relationships. The more effort I invest in making friends, the more others avoid me. When a person attempts to draw closer to me, the more I try to push that person away. As a result, I am a lonely person wondering why no one wants to be my friend. I'm pretty certain life wasn't meant to be like this.

What makes me happy? I don't know anymore. I DO remember being happy as a child. That seems like someone else's life.

What basic truth in life did I miss?

No comments: